Sunday, January 24, 2010

Lovable Tom


This photo was taken at the Ninigret Dance Festival in Sept. 2004 and, as you can see, Tom was loved by all. When I introduced Tom to zydeco dancing, he took to it like a fish to water. His natural athleticism combined with his love for music made dancing a perfect fit for him. My friends in the dance community welcomed his friendliness and easy sense of humor. They were all laughing as they posed for this silly picture that I took.

4 comments:

  1. I imagine this is a little bit of what it looks like where Tom is now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Wendy for that wonderful thought and Theresa for this magical photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Ladies I am getting a bit jealous now (LOL) .....I had started to share my love of dance with him as well. We attended an Argentine Tango Milonga recently....when he stopped asking questions and just danced he was fabulous!! On my visits to Monterey we would dance free style in his livingroom to Envogue for hours.He was always joyful when we were dancing!!He had a lot of "soul" for an Irish boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok...so the best I can do here, is to say since Tom and I go "waaaaaaaaaaaay back", I can only remember going to a club on St. Mark's Place and dancing to "We Are Family", and "I Will Survive"! The aforementioned songs were on the top 10 at the time! Oh yeah, did I mention "slow dancing" to Marvin Gaye LOL!

    When I read some of your postings, it sometimes eases the heartache I feel inside - thank you all for that.

    ReplyDelete